Awareness of the amount of calories in hamburgers deleted them from my diet forever. Unfortunately, craving for tasty burger comes up quite often. That’s why I found the perfect burger- tasty and healthy 🙂
- Tofu is a fully qualified product to replace meat. It is an excellent source of high quality proteins, which are absorbed to the same extent by the body, such as beef or poultry, because they contain 8 essential amino acids present in the animal protein
- Tofu is a natural product, which does not contain toxic, harmful substances, such as antibiotics or hormones.
- Regular consumption of tofu helps to lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
- Tofu helps to control blood pressure because it contains less salt, and stabilizes blood sugar levels, because it has a low glycemic index.
- Tofu is low in calories, low in saturated fats and carbohydrates, so it is a valuable component of weight loss diets and important part of the daily diet of people who care about the line.
2 packages (around 1.5 pound) of TOFU cheese (natural or smoked)
1 red pepper
1 teaspoon of oregano
1 teaspoon of basil
1 clove of garlic
1 tablespoon mustard
Preparation: Very Easy:)
Chopped onion and red pepper cook in olive oil. Then mix the tofu with onions, peppers, garlic and spices. Shape into small patties and put it in preheated to 300 degrees F oven. Bake it until they are golden brown. When they are done, put them into the wholewheat buns.
I try to stick to a healthy diet and I realize now dieting mistakes committed earlier. After all, I could eat a whole bag of potato chips with a friend watching a two-hour movie in the evening. WOW!
As far as I think about the amount of calories in chips and calories in carrots, it would be quite a big carrot feast 🙂 Who would eat 50 carrots watching a movie ?:)
Smoothing and Healing properties of Ginger:
- Ginger has an anti-inflammatory property
- Ginger strengthens immunity
- Ginger prevents from nausea
- Ginger stimulates digestion
- Ginger is helpful in motion sickness
- Ginger helps to reduce body fat
Ginger can easily become almost daily part of the diet, for example, we can brew a Ginger Tea.:
Brew a black or green tea with 2 slices of ginger (water at a temperature of about 95 degrees of Celsius )
Let it stay about 3 minutes and pull out a bag of tea.
Leave a ginger for about 10 minutes and also pull it out.
You can then add, for example, honey and lemon
Ginger can also be served for dinner 🙂 My suggestion is Ginger Beef. I know that many of you prefer lean meat or chicken or turkey, but remember that beef is the richest in iron, zinc, vitamin B12 of all kinds of meat. It has comparable amount of fat and calories to chicken – you can check the calories in beef, as well as amount of protein and fats.
about 2 pounds of beef
2 cloves of garlic
1 cup of chicken or beef broth
3 tablespoons of olive oil
grated ginger slice
salt and pepper
Spices, onion, garlic and ginger mix with beef and leave it for 3 hours in the refrigerator. Then cook the meat in a pan with olive oil. Then add chopped tomatoes and cook everything for 10 minutes. At the end, pour the broth and stew for 1.5 hours. You can also add red pepper, beans or other veggies / legumes you like.
I know that going meatless will help me lose extra pounds and possibly be healthier…. that is why I usually look for healthy meatless recipes.
Anyway, there are days I feel my body needs high-value protein which I can find in meat. As I love counting calories, because it keeps me motivated to eat healthy and exercise, I compared amount of calories in different types of meet in my favorite calorie counter CalorieCalc.net– so I checked calories in chicken, calories in beef and calories in pork, and I couldn’t believe how many calories and fat pork has comparing amount of calories and fat chicken or beef have !!!
Anyway, as chicken won my small battle:) I want to share a very tasty and healthy recipe wit you:
Chicken breast marinated in greek yogurt and red pepper baked with mozzarella and cherry tomatoes:
Chicken marinated in yogurt:
• 2 single chicken breasts
• sea salt
• 2 tsp of red pepper powder
• 1 tablespoon of flour
• 1.3 cups of greek yogurt
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil
• 1 tablespoon of honey
• 4.5 oz of mozzarella cheese
•0.77 ponds of cherry tomatoes
• 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
• 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
• chopped chives
• 1-1/2 cups of Greek yogurt
• red pepper powder
Cut the chicken breasts so with each breast you should get 3 thin fillets. Sprinkle chicken with a sea salt, red pepper and add olive oil. Then sprinkle fillets with flour. Combine the yogurt with olive oil, honey and a pinch of salt. Put the chicken in a bowl and add the yogurt mix. Let it stand for at least an hour, preferably 2 -3 hours.
Preheat oven to 410 degrees of Fahrenheit. Preheat also your baking dish. Cut mozzarella into 6 slices, sprinkle with sea salt. Rinse and dry the tomatoes, put them on a plate, season with salt, pepper, 1 teaspoon of sugar, dried oregano, extra virgin olive oil and mix them gently.
Place chicken with marinate (needs to be at room temperature) on the hot pan, cover with mozzarella cheese, then tomatoes and put into the oven. Bake for about 15 minutes. Serve with Greek yogurt, chives and red pepper powder.
Bon apetit to Everyone!